Sgt. Ervin Reuben Wakefield

ABOUT ME: Sgt. Ervin Reuben Wakefield - I was born on January 21, 1890 to Reuben Edson and Adaline Miles Wakefield (Frost) in Hardwick, Vermont. I was the sixth of seven children. At the age of four, I was sent to live with my maternal aunt, Ida May and her husband Willis Parker. I joined the Vermont National Guard.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

September 23, 1918



Left Camp Wadsworth with 3430 officers and men.

"57th Pioneer Infantry: Formerly 1st Vermont Infantry. Arrived at Camp Wadsworth from Camp Greene on February 10, 1918, with 29 officers and 481 enlisted men. Commanded by Colonel Fred B. Thomas and filled to wartime strength with draftees. The regiment left Camp Wadsworth on September 23rd with 3430 officers and men." (Tent and Trench, Appendex B)

No comments: