Sgt. Ervin Reuben Wakefield

ABOUT ME: Sgt. Ervin Reuben Wakefield - I was born on January 21, 1890 to Reuben Edson and Adaline Miles Wakefield (Frost) in Hardwick, Vermont. I was the sixth of seven children. At the age of four, I was sent to live with my maternal aunt, Ida May and her husband Willis Parker. I joined the Vermont National Guard.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

September 1917



Colonel H. P. Kingsbury, Inf. Commanded Fort Slocum September 1917 To December 1919.

A New York Times article dated September 30, 1917 read: "BASEBALL AT FORT SLOCUM" says that soldiers at Fort Slocum held an athletic carnival yesterday at the fort. Events included baseball, boxing, cam spree and wrestling contests. The Fort Slocum all-post team defeated the Fort Schyler team. The second all-post team defeated the Fort Wadsworth team.







No letters from Ervin.

No comments: